Thursday, December 10, 2009

Vinteren kommet tilbake


Well suddenly the ski season stated with a trip to Hemsedal! Normally at this time of year you go to Hemsedal for a social and a bit of skiing on fake snow – ice thing and wonder why you bothered, but this year fresh snow had plastered the mountain. Elisabeth drove up, giving me a break as I have just driven back from the far north seeing Siri. It was good drive up and the road wasn’t to icy so I could relax in the back while our other passenger Jess from Canada periodically shut her eyes when it all got to much, which reminded me of my sisters black Labrador that is a shy and neurotic wreck and copes with everything by going to sleep. This occurred in the weirdest places like a visit to the pub. She would get nervous and just lie on the floor sleep while all danger had to skirt round her. To be a dog, may be I should learn from this, and fall asleep in scary Statoil Hydro meetings! Anyway I digress, it’s a habit don’t you know…. Hemsedal…. So off we went… and we found fantastic conditions in the forest (Jeg ha kompis i skogen!), and suddenly the mist of desire over took me, my usual diplomatic self evaporated, the impatient and impulsive person came out, dropping straggerlers and wasters at my side I charged off alone, wanting more of this powder filled forest drug. I skied harder, harder, steeper lines, only black runs and beyond to my legs burnt and the ghost within my mind where forced to the dark recesses, obscurity and beyond. But this wasn’t enough and as the road was blocked on Sunday night we stayed another night and found fresh snow, and for a few hours on Monday skiing between the trees I was invisible, and this lasted some time until my legs could take no more and I retired with grace before I broke something.


The best therapy is a steep run, with a fresh snow….

Ice has arrived…. That deep feeling of fear starts to awake, I sometimes wonder if it will ever stop knowing at my cranium, nibbling at my resolve, it would be so easy just to say no and go skiing, but I drive through the valleys the girls in the car giggles, your like a dog staring out of the window and they had never seen me so focused. Ice fall after ice fall, dominated my thoughts, I wish I had never seen them, which had slept through this journey, but I have seen them know…. I must go and see…

No comments:

Post a Comment