Friday, September 25, 2009

Mosjoen, Get you Ark spares while they last

Unknown to many, even myself this rain that is falling isn't some sort of terrible weather front but biblical, and as I write half my unused brain is working on a new Ark design, come the floods. It has never ceased to amaze me that in Norway you can't find spares for your Ark, or little ads in papers advertising special rates for doubles in Arks, anyway as you can probable sea this Mystical Northern town in the middle of absolutely know were is getting and with the concept of only 4 ours of day light soon, I might be pushed to do something radical and start writing a book on How to survive in a northern tow without snow, or somehow equally irrelevant. I might even be pushed to right, dare I say it a BLOG! and become a world renowned blogger, with a special section in the local paper. Unlikely as it may seem.

With have no internet at home so I make the pilgrimage each day to the local library, the staff view me with some suspicion as I come in roughly the same time every day and type frantically for a few hours before the battery fails on my lab top and then I leave. Nobody has once asked me what i am up to, which is great, but they do swan by me and smile occasionally.

The town itself is occupied by from what I can see, local types that have the misfortune to have been born here, people that work in the Aluminium works and people that work in the hospital. There are also a collection of Artists that are easily distinguished from all the rest because they are normally Swedish and wear colourful, often very bohemian clothing, like yellow suits. It would also seem most of the people working in the Aluminium works or Hospital are forced here by necessity or are on some forced tour of duty, therefore they always seems to look south in preparation that they shall soon be leaving. The hospital seems to be full of German, Swedish or Danish doctors with the occasional Norwegian doctor.

anyway enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment