Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I was driving down from Mosjøen the other week, trying to find the road conditions from Lom to Songdal over the Jotunheim but the person on the phone hung up with out answering me, and the sign said open so I went for it. At first the dry road was replaced with ice and then snow, and you would think the stuck lorries or crashed car would have persuaded me to turn back but being stubborn I did not and then started to seriously regret my erroneous ways especially after slipping into a ditch and then sliding down the road started. At one point I was going 10kmh when the wheels just started loosing grip on the steep road, I was left wondering can I get the seatbelt off and jump before the car falls off the edge of the road. I made it down, what should have taken 20mins took 2 hours. its supposed to be the end of September and over the hills it was +4 with snow. A reminder next time take the snow chains winter is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment