Monday, May 18, 2009

Bergers of Middlesbrough



Well I found this old photo of my grandpa, his front middle, with his brother Jim sitting behind with the natty scarf. The two other lads are unknown, but almost certainly Bergers of Middleborough, a select gang of climbers that during 1938 to 1942 have their deeds recorded in the Bergers climbing diary, which sits, only a few feet from my very presence, as I type. It’s fascinating, and has helped me survive this somewhat arduously boring offshore trip. To think these people have paid me hard working wages to read, and in many cases re-read, the annuals of time of the Clan Berger is beyond a simply mans dreams!
When I get back, week Wednesday I will be ever present for follies on the rock, high up there on priorities, as well as tending to the every need of Kjæreste Siri.

No comments:

Post a Comment